Experiencing Wild Life Raising Twins!

Friday, February 16, 2007

I Think I am a Little Crazy!

When I started planning the Twin's 1st birthday party I decided I wanted to make the cake. I thought my Mom has done it a bunch of times so I can do it and if I need help I know she would be there for me. So I remembered that my friend Casey had a Blue's Clues cake mold so I will borrow that and make their cakes. I will make a Blue for Lucas and a Magenta for Lily so they will have a cake each. Then I found out the Blue has a little brother named Sprinkles and he is white with colored spots! So Sprinkle is gender neutral in color and I only have to make one cake!

This is me decorating Sprinkles. The hardest part was starting because I didn't want to make a mistake. Once I got going it was easy but time consuming.
Now I just have to do ALL the white areas and the yellow background! I had to take several breaks because the icing got too warm and was goopy so I couldn't decorate with it and had to put it in the fridge for a while.
The finished product. I also made cupcakes because we invited about 50 people and I wanted to make sure we had enough cake.
Then I thought if we have enough cupcakes to spell out "Happy Birthday Lucas & Lily" then we could put them around the cake.
So we did! I was exhausted after I finished the cake but it was all worth it because the first cake my kids tasted was made with love by their Mommy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home